t3rn goes open-source
At t3rn, we believe that the best way to build a strong and robust ecosystem is to open it up to the community. That's why we're excited to announce that we're now an open-source project. This means that our code is available for anyone to view, use, and modify. We welcome developers, researchers, and enthusiasts to join us in building the new paradigm in multichain programming.
What does it mean for us to be open-source? Here are a few key points:
- People can contribute to the node: We believe that the more people who can contribute to t3rn, the better it will become. By opening up our codebase, we invite developers from all backgrounds to join us in creating a decentralized future.
- We love devs: Developers are at the heart of our project, and we want to make it as easy as possible for them to work with our code. By making t3rn open-source, we hope to attract more developers to our ecosystem and foster a sense of collaboration and community.
- We welcome the open-source community: Open source is all about collaboration and sharing knowledge. By joining the open-source community, we hope to learn from others and contribute to the wider blockchain ecosystem.
- Everything is community auditable: We believe in transparency and accountability. By making our code available for anyone to view, we encourage people to comb through it and ensure that everything is above board.
- Node is buildable and runnable: We've worked hard to make sure that t3rn is easy to build and run. Whether you're a seasoned developer or a newcomer to the blockchain space, we hope that our code will be accessible and user-friendly.
- We pay homage to Nix users: We know that some developers prefer to work with Nix, so we've made sure to ship our codebase with this system, and some of the team use it too, this means you’ll get the same environment that we use to work on the project. We want to make it as easy as possible for everyone to work with t3rn.
How can you get involved?
We're always looking for ways to improve t3rn, and we welcome feedback from the community. If you find any issues with our code or have suggestions for how we can make it better, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can find our contribution guidelines here.
If you're interested in checking out our code, you can find our repositories on GitHub:
Although we do not currently have a bug bounty program, we would like to hint that it is something we are considering. While we cannot provide any specifics at this time, we invite you to stay tuned for future updates as we investigate this opportunity.
We hope that by opening up t3rn to the community, we'll be able to build a more inclusive, collaborative, and innovative blockchain ecosystem. We can't wait to see what our community of developers will create together.
The future of Web3 is multichain. t3rn has been built to enable this new paradigm in multichain programming, which is trustless, fail-safe and interoperable. We believe in trust-free collaboration, therefore the network will offer open access for anyone to join and play a critical role as Collator, Executor, Attester or Contracts Registry Builder.
Team t3rn will take a phased approach to rolling out the protocol, gradually releasing different features, showcasing and battle testing the network within a Substrate-based environment first before integrating with some of the foremost ecosystems in the industry.
t3rn is a multichain protocol that brings fail-safe, interoperable execution and smart contract composability to the Polkadot ecosystem and beyond.
t3rn’s ultimate goal is to enable trust-free collaboration between blockchains and to create an ecosystem in which anyone can utilize and deploy an interoperable smart contract, in an ecosystem where developers are fairly rewarded for their contributions.
Turn multichain with t3rn.
👉 Subscribe to our newsletter: Join 15,000 subscribers for exclusive monthly updates and insights, directly from Maciej Baj, founder & CTO of t3rn. - no spam, unsubscribe anytime.